You can merge multiple TripIt accounts into one.
If you have created multiple TripIt accounts you can easily merge / combine all data from both accounts into one single account. All travel and account information and any paid subscriptions will carry over to the merged account. Accounts can be merged on our website and our Android and iOS apps.
Android and iOS: Tap Account (bottom right) > Tap your name/email address (top of page) > Merge Accounts.
You may have noticed we've redesigned our web experience. You may still have the option to access your account from our legacy site so we've included instructions for both.
From our new web experience:
- Click the Profile icon (top right).
- Click 'Account and Security' > 'Manage Account'.
- Enter the email address for the account you want to merge in the 'Merge Accounts' box.
From our legacy site:
- Click your user name (top right).
- Click 'Settings' > 'Email Settings'
- Click Have a different account that you'd like to merge with this one?
- Enter the email address for the account you want to merge.
You will receive an email with a link to confirm the merge. If you need to sign into your account to finalize the merge, please make sure you sign into your primary account or the account you were signed into when you initiated the merge. Do not sign in with the email address you are trying to add/merge.
- Password Problems: Please note each account has it's own password. If at any point you are having trouble merging your accounts due to a password issue, you can reset your password. Just click on the help me sign in link located under the password field and specify the email address for the account you can't access. You will receive an email from TripIt with instructions on resetting your password. Your password must contain a minimum of eight characters and can not be an email address.
- Primary Email Address: The email address for the account that initiates the merge will become the primary email address after the merge is complete. If you'd like to change your primary email address for the merged account, please view our help page for instructions.
- Add / Remove Additional Email Addresses: You can add / remove additional email addresses, at any time. Please view our help page for instructions.
Please note: Sorry to say that it is not possible to unmerge (reverse merge) an account. If you wish to have a separate account for one or more of the email addresses associated with your current account your best option is to delete those addresses and then open a new account with them. To transfer any trip data you can share those trips with the new accounts.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article